leasing homes is about marketing and has very little to do with “selling”.
The majority of renters hunt for rentals through a combination of:
- comparing info and pictures on the Internet
- perusing the appearance of rental properties when they view them
In addition to tenants finding us, Nesbitt Realty also hunt fors lessees through:
- relocation companies
- Military Housing Office
- referrals from satisfied clients
- government organizations
And more. Our rental marketing strategy relies upon several hard truths:
- Rental Preparation – The most sought-after properties, priced well, will not rent quickly if they are not in dream features and appearance. Properties must show well to rent swiftly . Your fine Nesbitt Realty real estate agent makes sure your rental is presented in a clean and attractive condition to catch the attention of a good, qualified renter.
- Website Marketing – Nesbitt Realty has one of the largest Internet footprints in Northern Virginia. Through our website, we deliver data on places to prospective tenants that are planning to move to Northern Virginia and the Washington. Our rental homes are posted online through website and the top 75+ searched rental websites on the internet.
- Recommendations – Nesbitt regularly receives referrals from our current and past renters, friends of our renters, and from other Realtors in 22306 in Alexandria.
Our local business already benefits owners in Fairfax County; and, we'd love to help you too! To learn more about the full-list of what we do, contact an agent today. Nesbitt Realty is licensed by Virginia and we are REALTORS®.
Nesbitt has these critical associations and memberships:
- Virginia Association of Realtors
- Better Business Bureau
If you have never had a property manager before, you are probably curious and would like to learn about the roles and functions of property managers and what type of impact having one designated to you will have on you business affairs. The scope of a property manager is wide, and a property manager strives to:
- Collect rental fees. Each sum of money received is placed in an escrow account. Funds are disbursed for the payment of bills, income to the landlord, and the property management company fees.
- Maintain accurate records of funds, receipts, and expenditures; and regularly furnish these records to respective landlords.
- Handle all matters with HOA/COA.
- Manage all tenant relations which include maintenance requests and late fee notices. Deal with a laundry list of tenant problems such as unauthorized guests, unauthorized pets, parking issues, tenant cleanliness, noise violations, neighbor complaints, and the list goes on. We also manage the process of prosecuting actions to evict tenants on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure compliance with state laws, local ordinances, licensing requirements, association rules, Fair Housing laws, insurance requirements, and IRS requirements.
- Manage and dispatch handymen when necessary.
- Inspect the property periodically: at the time of move-in, move-out, and frequently during tenancy.
Generally, money does not flow from the landlord to the property manager or from the tenant to the landlord; but it flows from the tenant to the property manager to the landlord. Fees and commissions are withheld upon collection of rental fees.
Our agreements are standardized and its duration is a one-year period; however, either party may terminate the agreement at the end of a 30-day notice.
If you are interested in learning more, you may want to find out what differentiates Nesbitt Realty from other property managers.