Oftentimes, this is the right situation: there are no negotiations, there is no negotiation to handle, and and you can ponder your selections with your new residence.
And, once in a blue moon, it arises. Of course, collected real estate sellers accept the first offer they gaze upon, and in Fairfax County for various rationale.
On the other hand, real estate sellers are also known to reject offers in consideration of various rationale. Or make counteroffers. A counteroffer is especially certain if you make an offer with lots of conditions, or when there is more than one offer.
When the property hunter receives a counter-offer, it’s up to the property hunter to decide whether to accept the new contract, negotiate the terms, or walk away.
When it’s time to negotiate, as your real estate adviser, I’ll be standing ready and I want you to email me. I will be your spirit guide for real estate like 6429 Richmond Hwy #103 in 22306, if you decide that it’s best to haggle with the seller. By this I mean that I will use my experience and negotiating skills as we craft a series of offers and counter-offers to help get you the ideal deal on the home you really want. This is what I do every day.
As events unfold, it won’t be all me though. I’ll help you understand the negotiating conventions we will deploy. Those basics will vary depending upon the home but in Northern Virginia there are some tried and true practices we deploy time and again.
In 22306 in Alexandria, let’s discuss 3 tactics every home shopper should know before negotiations start:
By acting quickly when you receive a counteroffer, you will ensure that there is no other prospective buyer coming along with an offer and snapping up your desired property. That is why it is important to respond to a counteroffer within 24 hours. It is also best if you do not hesitate because if the seller finds that you are hesitating, he/she may rescind the counteroffer even if you have not already responded.
- Walking away may be the Best ChoiceNegotiations can be physically and emotionally draining and very time consuming. When you’re negotiating with a seller, make sure you listen to your agent – and to your gut. If either is telling you that it’s a bad deal, walking away may be the best choice. If you feel like you can’t make any more trade-offs and the seller won’t budge, don’t give in any more than you are comfortable with. Walking away can be a tough decision to make, especially after all the hard work you’ve put in, but you should know that there is a better deal out there waiting for you. And once your frustration passes, you’ll know that you have more experience in this and next time you negotiate, it will be easier for you.
- Don’t ask for so many ConcessionsWhen buying a home, the buyer has to cover many costs besides just the cost of the home or mortgage. These include paying closing costs for taxes, lender’s fees, and title company fees. Although closing costs will vary by location, you can expect to pay between 1% and 3% of the home’s selling price. The seller will pay an additional 1% to 3%. Using our site’s closing cost calculator can help you get an estimate of what you can expect your closing costs to be.When you make an offer on a home, you can ask the seller for concessions, which may include a settlement paid in cash to help cover some of your share of the closing costs. Asking for concessions can’t hurt, but it may not be feasible if you’re up against several offers.
If the seller gives you concessions, their net proceeds will ultimately be lower. The seller may make a counteroffer that removes the requested concessions, but this will put money back in the seller’s pocket and can improve your bid.
Are you interested in a enticing residence in 22306? I can help.
2 beds, 1 full baths
Home size: 852
Added: 09/05/19, Last Updated: 09/24/2019
Property Type: Unit for Sale
MLS Number: VAFX1087276
Subdivision: Huntington Walk
Properties in Fairfax County $124,900 to $224,900
- $189,500: 4381 Americana Dr #103, Annandale, VA 22003 | Fairfax Heritage | Comparables |
- $191,900: 545 Florida Ave #T-3, Herndon, VA 20170 | Jefferson Mews | Comparables |
- $192,999: 10320 Rein Commons Ct #J, Burke, VA 22015 | Burke Centre Station | Comparables |
- $200,000: 3808 Laramie Pl #A, Alexandria, VA 22309 | Sequoyah | Comparables |
- $204,900: 6145 Leesburg Pike #606, Falls Church, VA 22041 | Lafayette Park Condominium | Comparables |
- $180,000: 10300 Luria Commons Ct, Burke, VA 22015 | Burke Centre Station | Comparables |
- $210,000: 8056 Pantano Pl #6, Alexandria, VA 22309 | Sequoyah | Comparables |
- $185,000: 2305 Farrington Ave #203, Alexandria, VA 22303 | Farrington Place | Comparables |
- $189,900: 2237 Farrington Ave #203, Alexandria, VA 22303 | Farrington Place | Comparables |
- $199,900: 4420 Briarwood Ct N #15, Annandale, VA 22003 | Briarwood Court | Comparables |
Nearby Property For Sale